Apr 7, 2010

Green Your Art! Ecojot Sketchbooks and Journals Review

Ecojot sketchbooks and journals are AWESOME!  I totally love them.
I love the spiral binding that allows me to lie them flat or fold them all the way over, I love the texture and brightness of the paper, but most of all, I love that they don't use chlorine to whiten the paper.



I first found Ecojot when I was searching for paper that had not been whitened with chlorine (because I react to chlorine-whitened paper).  I even have to use chlorine-free kleenex, paper towel and toilet paper (not to mention 'feminine' products ;-).

The first thing I found by them was a spiral-bound journal (the lines are veggie-based inks!).  Suddenly I could write without wearing gloves to protect my skin from the chlorine!!  Awesome!
Then I discovered... to my absolute joy... sketchbooks!
With wonderful, funky covers made with vegetable-based inks and glues - less toxic than regular inks used in printing.  They have sketchbooks with plain covers if you prefer to decorate your own.
They also have scrapbooks, folders, cards, wrapping paper and more.

In addition to using veggie based, biodegradable inks and glues, and whitening with hydrogen peroxide, Ecojot papers, including the hard fronts and backs of books, are 100% recycled and acid-free!  And the few products that have packaging use biodegradable corn-based plastic wrap.  A purchase you can feel good about on every level.

If you have high speed internet, I encourage you to check out their catalogue (will be slow on dial-up).
They also have e-cards. :-)

The sketchbook paper takes every medium I've tried on it well: ink, marker, glue, pencil and pencil crayon.  Some examples of things I've done in these sketchbooks are: Home, Joy, the as-yet-uncoloured flower shown below, and the 'Inspiration Cloud' shown in the image above (you can see a bigger version here.)

What's your favourite eco-friendly art supply or material?

2 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful and feels brilliant!
    *Checking it out right now*
    I haven't bought a sketchbook since I was 15, and have kept anything paper over the years, to cut back on waste and because I'd thought i'd use it again in some way to make either more paper or use it for crafts. I haven't actually made anything with it yet, but I'm happy that I still have kept all my paper materials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ana,

    I think it's so great that you have saved so much! I am sure it will get used and appreciated eventually.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are valued and appreciated - thank you.
To avoid spam, comments are moderated. Your comment should appear within a day or so.
Bright blessings upon you!
:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers