Jan 1, 2011

Collage: Falling In Love With My Body

In a previous post, I shared about a dream I had that inspired me to make this collage and, hopefully, will inspire me to exercise entirely for myself. Not from any 'should', or because it's healthy or because it will make others like my body better.
Entirely for ME. So that I will be able to enjoy living in a strong, fit body that I like the feel and look of better than I do now.

I want to focus on working toward strength, flexibility and fitness - not a specific shape or size or lack of lumps and bumps :-)

I am hoping that in the process of getting more fit, I come to feel more comfortable being present in my body, and perhaps even fall in love with it. Being present is a huge challenge for me.


I enjoy what has blossomed in this collage. I'm still looking forward to adding in more details and decorations with black, white, silver and gold pens and the blank area below the word STRENGTH wants... something. Time will tell me what it will be :-)

Part of me is still feeling daunted. I find big change can feel very difficult to me and exercising regularly - without thinking of it as a chore - is a radical change for me.
I don't plan when I collage - I go through magazines and cut out the things call to me and then arrange them on the paper in the way that 'feels' right.
In the process of doing this, the issue about change got addressed with wisdom from some wiser part of me:"You will reach a turning point beyond which change comes easily"


The words "comes easily" are written on a colour copy of a watercolour painting that flowed out of me so easily after years of thinking I was 'no good' at watercolour.

The grungy blue star paper was made using this technique: grunge star rubbed impressions
~

8 comments:

  1. Good luck and I hop you find the motivation you need to make this happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Amy, I think that luck will definitely come in handy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your collage is great and just oozes strength and determination. I hope you reach your turning point. Exercise is SO difficult for me too!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful collage! I know exercise has become much more enjoyable over the years as I do it more to feel good and less to look a certain way. I wish you all the best in this adventure with your body!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you Hanna. I hope I reach it too!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leah thank you so much for sharing that exercise has become more enjoyable for you as you've done it to feel good. That really gives me hope that the same thing can happen for me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Liberty,
    I wish you well on your new Journey, and send you blessings to you on all your experiences.
    A very Happy New Year to you in all that you do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ana and Tammy thank you so much for your good wishes and kind words! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are valued and appreciated - thank you.
To avoid spam, comments are moderated. Your comment should appear within a day or so.
Bright blessings upon you!
:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers