May 11, 2010

Mother's Day Poem

I've been doing so much more creating since spring has sprung but, as you've noticed, not much in the way of actualyl taking photos and posting here!  I hope to remedy that soon.
I'd love to get a scanner to make uploading much easier (my camera is not the greatest and I get frustrated with the poor quality).

This month's CED theme is Intuition - a theme close to my heart.
On Sunday my intuition spoke up and let me know there was a piece of prose just waiting to come out as a gift of appreciation for my mom.

Thankfully I listened to that intuitive voice and stopped what i was doing to write!

Here it is (it doesn't rhyme :):

It's Because Of You, Mom

Children learn best by watching and experiencing
not by being told.

Therefore, what makes a great mom has nothing to do with parenting 'skills'
and everything to do with the kind of person they are.
That is what their children learn to be.
 
It's because of you, Mom,
That your children are the kind of people who
hold doors for strangers,
tip waitresses,
save worms after rainstorms
and encourage their friends to contribute to food banks.

It's because of you, Mom,
that your children are people who know it's
polite to say please and thank you,
rude to stare,
and
would never dream of butting in line ahead of someone!

It's because of you, Mom,
that your children are people who
are considerate of the elderly, the disabled, the infirm
and
treat animals and plants with respect.

It's because of you, Mom,
that your children are good people.

A greater gift I cannot imagine.

Thank you,
from the bottom of my heart,
for who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are valued and appreciated - thank you.
To avoid spam, comments are moderated. Your comment should appear within a day or so.
Bright blessings upon you!
:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers