Jan 10, 2012

Red Star Mandala


When I want to create but have little energy, I often turn to the free graphics editing program Sumopaint and make mandalas from images I already have on hand.

This mandala was created from a photo of a painting in progress (shown below).
I really love how the texture of the canvas itself shows up in this mandala and makes beautiful, feathery lines.

The painting in progress is small and simple so far. I'm enjoying the colours.


Golden Light
5"x7"
acrylic on canvasboard

6 comments:

  1. Awesome!!!! Thanks for sharing Sumopaint too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lauren!
    :-)
    I must give many thanks to Shala who first exposed me to various free graphics editors in her blog post here: http://www.donteatthepaste.com/2011/04/some-links-and-thoughts.html
    Her blog is awesome with tons of beautiful free colouring pages (including many mandalas)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is so much energy and beauty in this blog, Liberty. It's a joy to see. I loved the packing peanuts-didn't know they'd collapse. The colors in this piece are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for your warm words Shayla.
    I didn't know the packing peanuts would collapse either! It was great fun. I think it may be the biodegradable ones in particular that do that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that lookslike a fun thing to do!!
    this is a warming mandala!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are valued and appreciated - thank you.
To avoid spam, comments are moderated. Your comment should appear within a day or so.
Bright blessings upon you!
:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers